In order to incubate human resources in biomedical statistical field with both “practice” and “research” capabilities, the curriculum is designed with three series of required courses, namely, “statistical consultation”, “statistical computing” and “seminars”.
The main objective of statistical computing (I) and (II) is to train students to use statistical software SAS. In addition to basic capabilities such as statistical analysis, it also emphasizes the skills in programming and data processing, for example, data sorting, data manipulation, aways and loops, macro language, SQL etc. To use life statistical data, National Health Insurance (Taiwan) database, large scale longitudinal research and cancer registration data, it usually needs the students to use higher level computing language to process large amount of data, therefore, Statistical computing (I) and (II) will enhance students’ research capability in this regard. Moreover with basic statistical theory students can set up simulation conditions and implement them.
The series of statistical consultation running 4-semester in a row including are mainly to train students’ statistical consulting capabilities. Including, the face-to-face communication capability with experts in the biomedical field, practice of analysis of biostatistics, professional oral and written reports for statistical consultation, and the capability to collaborate with experts from biomedical field.
Seminar are mainly to train students’ research capabilities, including, finding problems, finding research topics, and developing new statistical methods. In each semester, students are requested to report in both Chinese and English to enhance students’ professional expression in biostatistics and epidemiology.
The graduation condition for students in this graduate institute is to take complete 36 credit hours, meanwhile, among the optional courses, 2/3 must be courses opened by this department or graduate institute for the student to get graduated. The main consideration in the planning of the curriculum of this graduate institute is to let the human resources in statistical analysis trained by this graduate institute meet the goal of setup and goal of education of this graduate institute, meanwhile, to cope with the need from the market, it is hoped that students can have smooth connection to the job market after their graduation.
Graduation credit recognition
- 2015 graduation credit recognition table for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2014 graduation credit recognition table for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2013 graduation credit recognition table for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2012 graduation credit recognition table for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2011 graduation credit recognition table for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2015 curriculum map for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2014 curriculum map for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2013 curriculum map for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2012 curriculum map for graduate institute of biostatistics
- 2011 curriculum map for graduate institute of biostatistics
Academic study related rules
- What students need to know about the admission to the master program of graduate institute of biostatistics in China Medical University (It is applicable to students admitted after 2011)
- Examination implementation details for the degree in graduate institute of China Medical University
- Implementation method for the competence assessment of students in China Medical University
- Format of master thesis for the graduate institute of biostatistics of China Medical University
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations Service of China Medical University
- Application form for the selection of preliminary graduate student
- Agreement from the thesis advisor
- Agreement for the change of thesis advisor
- Participation of attending a conference